Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Featured Designers: Roberta and Leah of The Kiawah Collection

Hello again!

First I'd like to say thank you to those of you out there who are reading my blog. I wan't sure how it would go, but you have helped me gain confidence about it!


The featured designers today are Roberta and Leah of the Kiawah Collection. These two ladies, a mother and daughter team, do beautiful work! 


Their jewelry, made from materials like sterling silver, brass, aluminum, copper, and 14K gold filled wire, is a mixture of beautiful swirls, curlicues, and spirals. Two of their many wonderful pieces have special meaning for me. A couple weeks ago Roberta ordered a pair of my earrings which seem to have inspired her daughter, Leah. Roberta sent me the following two pictures of jewelry her daughter made after she saw my earrings. Knowing that my work has inspired someone is an awesome feeling. If these pieces weren't impressive enough, Leah is only 15 years old! I think she is well on her way to being a very successful jewelry designer! Great job, Leah!

The beautiful butterfly wire ring. It is available on Etsy and they will even customize your order! Click here to see this ring in their Etsy shop! So cute!

The copper and turquoise heart earrings. These lovely earrings are also available for sale in their Etsy shop, click here!

You can find The Kiawah Collection on Etsy at www.KiawahCollection.etsy.com and also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kiawahcollection. Stop by today! :D


Aside from making wonderful jewelry, Roberta has been helping me a lot with making my business more successful. I consider her as one of my mentors. Just a few conversations with her have already increased my sales and statistics on Etsy. Thank you so much, Roberta! 

Because I'd like to help others the way Roberta has helped me I'll share some of the useful tools that have been shared with me. First is an Etsy blog about how to get found in search http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/how-to-get-found-in-search/. After applying the ideas in that blog article I've already noticed a big difference in the traffic through my Etsy shop. Give it a try! Second is another Etsy blog about reevaluating your prices http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2010/etsy-success-reevaluating-your-prices/. While I haven't implemented this one quite yet, I will be doing so soon. I have realized that in my own pricing formulas I've forgotten to pay myself! This blog article will definitely help you out if you're in the same boat I was! If you have an Etsy shop I urge you to follow what these two blog articles say. It will help you so much!


It was brought to my attention that leaving a comment here on this blog can be a bit tricky. To leave a comment it looks like you have to have an account with Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID. Once you have one of these accounts then you can post comments with ease :) Good luck!


Thanks for reading :D

Karissa
KariLu Jewelry Designs


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out Kari! You are a sweetheart!
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it! I wish I could do more for you :)

      Delete